- Experience SATTVA
- SATTVA School
Finding the Teacher Within
1. Yoga Techniques & Practice (100 hours)
- Daily asana, pranayama and meditation practice.
- Breath is the key: introducing pranayama techniques.
- Putting together posture sequences.
- Sanskrit names of the postures will be introduced; principles of alignment and adjustments will be taught.
2. Teaching Methodology (28 hours)
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, and business aspects of yoga.
- Finding your voice.
- Moving through postures safely and preventing injuries.
3. Anatomy & Physiology (21 hours)
- Physical and energetic anatomy: chakras, koshas, nadis, bandhas.
- We will have a guest visit by an expert in anatomy to teach this portion of the training.
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics (36 hours)
- The eight limbs of Ashtanga Yoga.
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and The Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
- Devotion and Karma Yoga.
- Heart of Yoga.
- The Sattvic diet and lifestyle.
- Living Yoga.
5. Practicum (15 hours)
- Class observation, practice teaching and assisting.
- Hands on adjustments.
- Oral presentation skills.
Moola Bandha: The Master Key, by Swami Buddhananda
Hatha Yoga Pradipika, by Swami Muktibodhananda
Yoga Sutras, suggested translation by Swami Satchidananda
The Deeper Dimensions of Yoga, by Georg Feuerstein
The Key Muscles of Yoga, by Ray Long
Light on Pranayama, by B.K.S Iyengar
Light on Yoga, by B.K.S Iyengar
The Language of Yoga: Complete A to Y Guide to Asana Names, Sanskrit Terms, and Chants (Sanskrit Edition), by Nicolai Bachman
Shambhala Guide to Yoga, by Georg Feuerstein
Teacher TrainingSATTVA School of Yoga Teacher Training Program: Finding the Teacher Within.